Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Maru Sushi- Valencia










Believe it or not I brought my appetite to Maru. Hands down this is the best Sushi ever. Maru Sushi is located in the Valencia Township Center in Valencia, Ca. By far this place never dissatisfies. Just read the reviews online.
I always request the same Sushi Chef because he is one of a kind. He always surprises me with something new and not on the menu. His sashimi skills are phenomenal. The way he delicately slices each piece of sushi and masterfully prepares each roll, how can you resist.

My favorite dish on the menu is the Tuna Carpaccio Salad. It is prepared in a citrus sauce with delicately sliced tuna, mixed greens, roasted garlic and jalapenos. This dish is exquisite!

I tried a few new items that I have never tried before. One was the belly of a blue fin tuna, which is called Toro in Japanese. Toro melts in your mouth and is one of the best sashimi/sushi you will ever try.

I also tried the Ankimo which is considered the Japanese Foie Gras. I was a little nervous about the texture but after taking one bite into it I was happy that I made the selection. Ankimo is the liver of a monk fish. Ankimo is appreciated all over the world especially in Scandinavia and France.

This place also makes their own sorbet. To clear my palate and top off a wonderful meal I enjoyed Maru's strawberry sorbet.

5 out of 5 stars~

No comments: