Monday, September 7, 2009

Natalee- Thai Food







Jasmine's Thai Beef Salad below




It's really hard to find good Thai Food but I was able to find a little gem off Robertson in Los Angeles. Whenever I test out a new Thai place I always order a Thai Beef Salad. If the Thai Beef Salad is not to my liking I will not return to the restaurant. Call it picky but I know if they can't make this dish right nothing else will taste good.
When I visited Thailand some years ago I was able to enjoy a delightful drink called "Thai Ice Tea" which is typically poured over ice in a translucent plastic bag. Here in America we drink it out of a tall glass with lots of crushed ice. Either way... it taste good and cannot imagine it without my Thai Food. Thai Ice Tea is brewed black tea with condensed milk and sugar. Some Thai Ice Teas include tamarind or star anise giving it a aromatic sensation.
On my luncheon we ordered Thai Beef Salad which was phenomenal. The skirt steak on the Thai Beef Salad was grilled to perfection with the perfect amount of dressing. We also ordered Pineapple Fried Rice, Chicken Satay and just to be greedy shrimp Tempura (which is not Thai).
Another thing that is hard to find in Los Angeles is good fried rice. Every time I am visiting the Bay I have to get Fried Rice. Well this place had the perfect Fried Rice and I don't have to travel too far to get it.

This place gets two thumbs up and I am looking forward to going again when I have a Thai Food craving!!

I also included a pic of my own Thai Beef Salad that I made a few months ago. If you are interested I can include the recipe. Just email jasmineskitchen@gmail.com

No comments: