Monday, September 7, 2009

il-Pastaio- Italian Beverly Hills



Wow! Wow! Wow! This place is delicious. I cannot wait to go back. This was some of the best Italian Food I have ever tasted. The owner Giacomino Drago has brought Sicily to Beverly Hills. If you are a foodie I recommend reading his bio on his website, pretty interesting.

I am a big fan of beef carpaccio and il Pastaio beef carpaccio reminded me of a restaurant that I once visited in the South of France. I couldn't stop eating it.

For my main course I had the "Pappardelle" Homemade Wide Green Fettuccine Pasta in a Venison Porcini Mushroom Ragu. At first I was a little hesitant about the venison but the flavors were so delish that I didn't think about what I was eating. I am a huge fan of the Pappardelle noodle. In Italy a festival in the city of Gemmano is held every August honoring the Pappardelle noodle. I think I may have to go back to Italy in August just so I can attend.

This place gets 5 stars!!!

No comments: